Is it acceptable as reducing others fun?

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

winterbowz

Is it acceptable as reducing others fun?

Post by winterbowz »

This guy has taken all the spawn and not even killing them, having spawn limit gives other player who are grinding on that map no xp at all, I've seen this guy do that and I have a video, I spawned like 10 mushys per round and annoyed me by parking his pets infront. Wouldn't these count as reducing game experience of others??
generous11

Re: Is it acceptable as reducing others fun?

Post by generous11 »

maybe you could read Rule #9:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2560
just run away to an other spot.
super arch "1227"
super axe "111"
generous11 "110"
super club "178"
super sord "84"

Clans: [SK], [ryo]
"Never say never!" :)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

winterbowz wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:15 am This guy has taken all the spawn and not even killing them, having spawn limit gives other player who are grinding on that map no xp at all, I've seen this guy do that and I have a video, I spawned like 10 mushys per round and annoyed me by parking his pets infront. Wouldn't these count as reducing game experience of others??
IMHO: Yes it is. But you need a GM. If I was you and had a video I'd post it in the GM Inbox

generous11 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:37 pm maybe you could read Rule #9:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2560
just run away to an other spot.
Please explain why "he" has to move. What you are saying is higher level players can just take over someones spawn and they have to move? That constitutes "Reducing game-playing experience of others!" IMHO
Rule 9 wrote: Reducing game-playing experience of others!

Read this rule (click "Show") -->: Hide
{snip} if you block spawn or do anything else to annoy other players, you will get punished {snip}

If you face a player, who breaks the rules - do not feed the troll. If someone acts in an inappropriate manner, leave the situation and contact our staff team. We will take care of it!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

You can also start by stepping off the spawn point. If the other guy is letting you do the work of spawning for him and he's taking the kills, don't keep giving him spawn to kill. Maybe he gets bored just standing there doing nothing and just goes away.

Not saying it isn't a potential rule violation, but if it can be solved easily on your end it'd be much easier.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

↑ ↑ ↑
I've done just that, [screenshot of spawn stealer], stopped the spawn, and got a
SPAWN! you broke the spawn. I report you.
LK, in response, wrote: Please do, I have screenshots. I'm not here to spawn and/or tank for you, I was levelling here.
[screenshots of conversation] I remained silent after that and did not move.
He left after a short while.
I was always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I was spawning red crocs back at level 100+ when some guy 600+ parked his pets right on top of me and went fishing. I stopped spawn (why bother?) and the guy called me a "noob." Yes, the most unoriginal, reflects-only-on-the-user word made me think twice...
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:31 pm [snip ]the guy called me a "noob." {snip}
Well obviously the guy doesn't know his "seat" from a hole in the ground and knows you not!
newb wrote:Short for “newbie,” a newb is just someone who is new to something, but they’re usually humble and ready to learn. Like a baby deer on ice, their incompetence is endearing, and people generally flock to help them find their footing.
Sadly, people in MMOG's do not "flock" to help newb's, they kill them, and call them "n00bs"
noob wrote:Also spelled n00b (with zeros), this is actually a derogatory term saved for arrogant yet ignorant know-it-alls, who make fools of themselves by spreading negativity, making erroneous claims, and just being all-around unpleasant individuals.
Trust me SellSword, a "noob" you are not, and as long as I have known you; never were.

When people that call me a "noob", I hold up a "mental image of a mirror", even if it's LK and a pixel-image! I've never considered myself a noob but others have. Hey, they are entitled to their opinion, we all are.

Some whom I have helped, in the game and RL, have later proven themselves to be 'noobs' (IMHO). "n00b" has NOTHING to do with a persons level in a game, but does reflect on their mental state - again IMHO.
I was always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I (600+) was mining carbon once in West Cave with two shop spider pets when some 150+ archer said "lol pet noob!" I didn't even know what that meant... True, those spiders were new and thought they knew everything there was to know about holding 20 mined items, but they never rubbed in anyone's face!

Funny postscript to that story is that archer guy was feeling some heat from the local ogre halflings and logged, only to log back in right in front of one and die. I never had a chance to find out what he knew about my pets that I didnt...
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:04 pm [snip] I never had a chance to find out what he knew about my pets that I didnt...
Obviously he didn't have a clue. It probably didn't even strike him that: you bought both at the Pet Shop. He probably though it was a RL Pet purchase. OH well, he died you didn't.

I should get 2 bats ... :D
I was always AFK!
Grahf

Post by Grahf »

winterbowz wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:15 am This guy has taken all the spawn and not even killing them, having spawn limit gives other player who are grinding on that map no xp at all, I've seen this guy do that and I have a video, I spawned like 10 mushys per round and annoyed me by parking his pets infront. Wouldn't these count as reducing game experience of others??
He's a 1700 mage correct? He does this to my mage every single time also. Has he ever done this to you? Leave the island go to where the ghost archers spawn (by the boatman who ferries you to blitzbee island for planks to maintain his boat) hit the spawn limit for the map in ghost archers and just sit there and heal himself? Like the only way another player and i was able to stop him and able to spawn was to have a friend come over and tag team the ghost archs with his bees but then 5 minutes later he was back at it again...

So maybe instead of OP leaving the area and reading the rules this mage should.