FT getting to soft

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Barkley

Re: FT getting to soft

Post by Barkley »

Gullander wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:22 pmHow about a hospital at 0.0 that all dead accounts, severely injured let's say go to automatically. When you arrive a counter starts and you cannot leave until the duration has ended.
I do like this idea, however it doesn't give any real benefit to killing someone. It does resolve the problem where you're back too quickly, but it doesn't give you any motivation to fight.

It would be good anyway if the wait is about 1 minute or at an absolute most 2 and if it also solely applies to clanned accounts.

Ariminum
First FT Lumberjack World Champion

Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, The team page

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
messi

Post by messi »

Gullander wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:22 pm I'm not in a clan and don't enjoy pvp so this is a novice suggestion and can be dismissed or ridiculed without any offense! :)

It seems to me in a time of war nobody injured goes right back into battle. Since dying in FT isn't permanent, let's call it rather a serious injury. What those in war do is go to the hospital or get the services of a medic and only returned when sufficiently healed.

How about a hospital at 0.0 that all dead accounts, severely injured let's say go to automatically. When you arrive a counter starts and you cannot leave until the duration has ended. I guess since a medieval game it could be a hut with various mage attendants walking about. When time is finished exit at usual spot by the fountain.

Okay a logical suggestion...but that wait might be unendurable knowing your builds and friends are needing you.! :o
is a good idea!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Rothost wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:37 pm The facts are:

#1) FT is a RPG with pvp potential...NOT a PVP game
TOTALLY agree and it's even stated that way at PlayStore
2024-05-31·123049.jpg
2024-05-31·123049.jpg (26.09 KiB) Viewed 335 times
I see RPG there no PVP
#2) if you make gears droppable, recolors won't sell any more, and people will quit wearing gears in pvp = Compb lost revenue...

So No it would not be advantageous to do the changes you specify
:lol:
Also: "Item Upgrade" was sold with the idea it makes gear no-drop, among other features.
If Comp changes that now, it could well cause a few legal battles.

IF your only reason to PvP is to steal someone's gear you are PvPing for the wrong reason.
And yes I say "steal":
→ when multiple people gang up on one player it's NOT an honourable PvP it's akin to a single player logging multiple alts on to kill someone's pets.
→ when a trained PvP'er attacks someone not trained in PvP it's the same as an adult attacking a kid in RL, what chance does a kid have?
→ you want to PvP: join or create a clan - you don't even need a base
→ you don't want to PvP stay out of clans

PvP'ers say, but PvP is no fun any more because people wear "Item Upgrades" and they don't drop gear.
SO WHAT: I do not want to PvP with you, I do NOT like PvP and I certainly do NOT want to drop my gear that I worked so hard to get.
GIMME A BREAK! → Look at the number of clanned people wearing upgraded no-drop gear!

@ Gullander: Love the "Hospital" idea, maybe:
Okay a logical suggestion...but that wait might be unendurable knowing your builds and friends are needing you.! :o
LOVE IT!!!!
→ a 30 minute recovery time from your near fatal injuries or the time it takes for the mage's spells to revive you from the dead.

Here's a couple of ideas:
→ Get rid of throwing knives and axes, the stun affect of fish and spells and then see how many PvPers will like PvP.

→ Allow people to choose when they create an account:
Activate PvP: Yes [ ] No [ ]
Choice is not reversible,
NOTE: If you chose No you cannot join a clan.

EDIT: The above option should be offered to all existing players once as well
→ if you are in a clan and you say NO you will be removed from the clan. This is not reversible.
Last edited by LostKnight on Fri May 31, 2024 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll fight for what I think is right!
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Forgotten Tales hasn't ever been very strict, so "Forgotten Tales Getting Too Soft" at least for me isn't accurate but I agree the punishments are too soft....

Level reductions are not harsh enough and neither are the jail sentences in my opinion....

***This is my opinion and should anyone support this too I hope they will make it known.***

Punishments are too soft...

Punishment should be automatic 50% level reduction on the FIRST OFFENSE so that the sting of the punishment lingers awhile and hopefully will make rule breakers stop before they become repeat offenders.

Here's how I see it...

Any player Breaking A Rule or Breaking Multiple Rules Simultaneously, regardless of the rule(s) and without any bias decision making over the rule violation(s)...***where any player is unable to prove their innocence*** the punishment received should be strict enough that it deters the player and other players from becoming repeat offenders.

My suggestions for punishment for breaking rules are as follows:

FIRST OFFENSE:
2 Weeks Jail Time.
50% Level Reduction.
25% Gold Reduction.
15 Days Outlaw Status After Jail Release.

SECOND OFFENSE:
1 Month Jail Time.
75% Level Reduction.
50% Gold Reduction.
31 Days Outlaw Status After Jail Release.

THIRD OFFENSE: Player Gets Perm Jailed On All Accounts They Play.

**The only chance for redemption if there should be any** (consider this a Criminal Reform Program)

I think it would be best to have a set amount of time for "good gameplay behavior" that will reset the Offense Counter back to previous tier....

Example: Player has achieved 2nd Offense Tier and after say 6 months time they haven't had any other rule violations **on any account** they will reset to FIRST OFFENSE Tier and be given FIRST OFFENSE Punishment upon their next crime**

There are rules for a reason and I believe that reason is to make the game fair and enjoyable for all players that follow the rules, these rules should not be taken lightly by anyone, nor shall punishment for breaking rules be taken lightly either.
DwarfTank-lvl2306(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2667

-_They tell me that "I am only mortal and no one important" to which I simply reply "prove it"_-
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Excellent suggestions!!!

However I am a peace loving and law abiding type and I will never feel the bite of any rule breaking punishment. :D
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

DwarfTank wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:17 pm ***This is my opinion and should anyone support this too I hope they will make it known.***
I agree, excellent idea.
1. GM's investigate a "suspected rule breaker" and
→ → come up with: yes the rule was broken. Move on to #2
→ → come up with: no rule broken. game goes on.
2. The player is given a chance to "prove innocence", not just yell I'm innocent.

If the player can prove innocence great, if not apply the punishment as stated above.

I'm like Gullander and many others I know that will never feel the bite of the punishment for breaking a rule.

The only people that would/should fear those punishments are people that break the rules.
I'll fight for what I think is right!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Regardless of how anyone feels about the suggestions, the rewritten rules were only published on 22 May, so I can't really see them being changed a week or so later.
Rothost

Post by Rothost »

DwarfTank wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:17 pm Forgotten Tales hasn't ever been very strict, so "Forgotten Tales Getting Too Soft" at least for me isn't accurate but I agree the punishments are too soft....

Level reductions are not harsh enough and neither are the jail sentences in my opinion....

***This is my opinion and should anyone support this too I hope they will make it known.***

Punishments are too soft...

Punishment should be automatic 50% level reduction on the FIRST OFFENSE so that the sting of the punishment lingers awhile and hopefully will make rule breakers stop before they become repeat offenders.

Here's how I see it...

Any player Breaking A Rule or Breaking Multiple Rules Simultaneously, regardless of the rule(s) and without any bias decision making over the rule violation(s)...***where any player is unable to prove their innocence*** the punishment received should be strict enough that it deters the player and other players from becoming repeat offenders.

My suggestions for punishment for breaking rules are as follows:

FIRST OFFENSE:
2 Weeks Jail Time.
50% Level Reduction.
25% Gold Reduction.
15 Days Outlaw Status After Jail Release.

SECOND OFFENSE:
1 Month Jail Time.
75% Level Reduction.
50% Gold Reduction.
31 Days Outlaw Status After Jail Release.

THIRD OFFENSE: Player Gets Perm Jailed On All Accounts They Play.

**The only chance for redemption if there should be any** (consider this a Criminal Reform Program)

I think it would be best to have a set amount of time for "good gameplay behavior" that will reset the Offense Counter back to previous tier....

Example: Player has achieved 2nd Offense Tier and after say 6 months time they haven't had any other rule violations **on any account** they will reset to FIRST OFFENSE Tier and be given FIRST OFFENSE Punishment upon their next crime**

There are rules for a reason and I believe that reason is to make the game fair and enjoyable for all players that follow the rules, these rules should not be taken lightly by anyone, nor shall punishment for breaking rules be taken lightly either.

I totally agree with "MOST" of this ... only make the criminal reform at least 1 YEAR...I also think adding the following would be beneficial
Outlawed players must "lose" the backpack pets...any pet on said outlaw will be "quarentined" at Pet Companion until outlaw status is over, if there are pets already in the Companion stable, you will have to chose the two you keep (the other 2 will be released). At the end of outlaw status, they may reclaim their pets as long as the Pet Companion has been opened...if it hasn't been opened they will be available upon opening and with no outlaw status...pets bought for real money cannot be activated until outlaw status is over
SUGGESTIONS:
Clan Duke Helper (Post Thu Jun 23, 2016)
Clan pet storage (Post Tue Nov 22, 2016)
Outlaw penalty (Post Tue Nov 22, 2016)
Gear UpGrades (Post Thu Feb 22, 2018)

[ok] Rothost (D)- Amazon
[SMRF] Rothosta (L)- Huntress
[WAAR] Roth (D)- Freya
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Leone wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:06 pm Regardless of how anyone feels about the suggestions, the rewritten rules were only published on 22 May, so I can't really see them being changed a week or so later.
I understand what you are saying and I agree, however my only response is: Amendments should be made before habits are set in for too long making change that much more difficult to adjust to.
ShadowHood-lvl2667

-_They tell me that "I am only mortal and no one important" to which I simply reply "prove it"_-
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

I totally agree with "MOST" of this ... only make the criminal reform at least 1 YEAR...I also think adding the following would be beneficial

+1 in support of "at least 1 YEAR" criminal reform

Outlawed players must "lose" the backpack pets...any pet on said outlaw will be "quarentined" at Pet Companion until outlaw status is over, if there are pets already in the Companion stable, you will have to chose the two you keep (the other 2 will be released).

Perhaps there can be made a Pet Jail of sorts, where pets will be stored untill Outlaw Status has expired...making your proposal of: "At the end of outlaw status, they may reclaim their pets"
possible (may need to add a pet jail on Outlaw Map)

"pets bought for real money cannot be activated until outlaw status is over"
Pets bought for real money can also be sent to the Pet Jail untill Outlaw Status has expired, instead of being placed in the Pet Companion Stable, I think we should keep the two separated if possible.
ShadowHood-lvl2667