Removing Spawn Limit through Drop Chance Change

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

How does this drop chance formula feel to you?

Awesome!
11%
Whatever brings back unlimited spawn!
39%
The percent is not low enough for high lvls
8%
The percent is way to low for high lvls
17%
Players the same level as should have a drop buff
14%
I have a better idea (stated below)
3%
The spawn limit should stay
9%

Total votes: 66
DwarfTank

Re: Removing Spawn Limit through Drop Chance Change

Post by DwarfTank »

I don't really have a better idea about spawn limiter being lifted, my better idea pertains to a PvP Skill for dwarves, terminator I'll shoot you a private message.
DwarfTank-lvl2306(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2667

-_They tell me that "I am only mortal and no one important" to which I simply reply "prove it"_-
terminator

Post by terminator »

Mr_Maks wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:44 am The prices of literally every item have been reduced with update with new maps so that it will not allow you to make huge earnings even without spawn limit.I doubt it a bit.
I agree with you on a part. However, we don't know what WOULD happen if it were lifted. This idea could be transition the game back to it, and if it had little effect on inflation, then it can be gradually removed away etc. This allows to test the status of gold, (with this idea to have some internal logs to check for gold as well to make sure). If removing spawn limiter does nothing, great, this drop system can be phased out if it were implemented. But if it were added back in, we need a back up system (ie this), to fix it's errors etc.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
Maddy_31

Post by Maddy_31 »

The spawn limit was created for a reason. Also there are places you can lv where spawn limit doesn't have an effect on you. I myself can lv in areas where spawn never stops. There was a reason spawn limit was made. I think it should stay.
maddy -Mage(2000lv)
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Spawn limit was created to get rid of afk, but afk check came to replace it, so there’s no point in stopping players from getting their drops now.
Eclipse--

Post by Eclipse-- »

The spawn limit should stay. It is a good tool to keep autoclickers at bay. Of course, you run out of spawn before you could lay your hands at drops that you need to accomplish one task or another. But hey, there is no dearth of spawn points. You can easily move and explore the map for more spawn points, which, in itself, is not a bad idea at all. The fat and lazy will always complain.

As far as the AFK check is concerned with regards to stopping autoclickers or AFK players, it does not do the job! It is inefficient. Agree that it does create tension and force you to be vigilant for some minutes. Since the AFK check pop up exactly the same time each hour, this is more predictable than boting in FT.

In a nutshell:

Drops should be hard but not harder. It must create a challenge, but not frustration!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Are you sure the 'are you there?' message appears at the same time very hour?,I was under the impression that it occured randomly.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:45 pm Are you sure the 'are you there?' message appears at the same time very hour?,I was under the impression that it occured randomly.
Not only are they NOT on the same "minute" mark every hour, the green check mark moves around as well.
I've tested it. Mining or choppin's for hours. Got some whites and meteor and soul stones to show for it.
I'll fight for what I think is right!
terminator

Post by terminator »

Eclipse-- wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:41 pm The spawn limit should stay. It is a good tool to keep autoclickers at bay. Of course, you run out of spawn before you could lay your hands at drops that you need to accomplish one task or another. But hey, there is no dearth of spawn points. You can easily move and explore the map for more spawn points, which, in itself, is not a bad idea at all. The fat and lazy will always complain.

As far as the AFK check is concerned with regards to stopping autoclickers or AFK players, it does not do the job! It is inefficient. Agree that it does create tension and force you to be vigilant for some minutes. Since the AFK check pop up exactly the same time each hour, this is more predictable than boting in FT.

In a nutshell:

Drops should be hard but not harder. It must create a challenge, but not frustration!
I agree with this. The afk checker can be greatly improved. However, even though the sole reason for spawn limits may have been to reduce afk's, it also had the product of decreasing drops>Decreasing gold inflation. This particular idea enocurages to fight monsters closer to their level (May even get a buff!), And discourages them from fighting monsters that are very low lvl (Takes away from low lvl players if high lvls consume everything up). The formula can be altered so that it happends around double you lvl, as most players fight monsters in masse around 2x their lvl.
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
Eclipse--

Post by Eclipse-- »

terminator wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:01 pm
Eclipse-- wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:41 pm The spawn limit should stay. It is a good tool to keep autoclickers at bay. Of course, you run out of spawn before you could lay your hands at drops that you need to accomplish one task or another. But hey, there is no dearth of spawn points. You can easily move and explore the map for more spawn points, which, in itself, is not a bad idea at all. The fat and lazy will always complain.

In a nutshell:

I agree with this. The afk checker can be greatly improved. However, even though the sole reason for spawn limits may have been to reduce afk's, it also had the product of decreasing drops>Decreasing gold inflation. This particular idea enocurages to fight monsters closer to their level (May even get a buff!), And discourages them from fighting monsters that are very low lvl (Takes away from low lvl players if high lvls consume everything up). The formula can be altered so that it happends around double you lvl, as most players fight monsters in masse around 2x their lvl.

Are there 3k, 4k monsters currently in the game?

The idea will greatly help low levels but what about the high level player? (Not hyper levels) why am I being punished for being 3k? Where am I going to find 3k monsters so that i get a drop buff? Why am I being forced to bring my level 500 account to kill level 1000 or above mobs to quickly get drops while my main keep tanking?

Crippling high level players from getting drops will only motivate them to kill the monsters with their low level alts.

You are right about the inflation. Unless I buy pets and sell them, I can't do the quests, demanding billions of gold or items worth that much.

However, I like the idea about XP BUFF. Unless the XP BUFF is introduced along side the drop buff/debuff, it will feel unfair to the high levels players. That's it. If high level players are getting XP BUFF at the cost of debuff in drops, I am happy with it. That's enough compensation.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Eclipse-- wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:31 pm
terminator wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:01 pm

In a nutshell:

Are there 3k, 4k monsters currently in the game?

The idea will greatly help low levels but what about the high level player? (Not hyper levels) why am I being punished for being 3k? Where am I going to find 3k monsters so that i get a drop buff? Why am I being forced to bring my level 500 account to kill level 1000 or above mobs to quickly get drops while my main keep tanking?

Crippling high level players from getting drops will only motivate them to kill the monsters with their low level alts.

You are right about the inflation. Unless I buy pets and sell them, I can't do the quests, demanding billions of gold or items worth that much.

However, I like the idea about XP BUFF. Unless the XP BUFF is introduced along side the drop buff/debuff, it will feel unfair to the high levels players. That's it. If high level players are getting XP BUFF at the cost of debuff in drops, I am happy with it. That's enough compensation.
I agree, don't forget about one thing though. Even with this, the high lvl will STILL get more drops just from the shear amount they kill. This will make it so they don't completely destroy the drop market for it, but they will still tend to get more drops. (Lvl 8k may kill 300 monsters in the same amount of time a lvl 1k kills 15, so even though the 1k may get a 120% buff, they still only have a very low percent compared to the high lvl). Would be nice to see more high lvl monsters tho :)
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf