Make the game more popular

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

-AKUMA-

Re: Make the game more popular

Post by -AKUMA- »

Elgur wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:54 pm Get rid of all rules.
I know whats your point, but baning access permanently is part of ALL GAMES and its the 100% most needed act of punishment to enforce players to obey rules.
Im pretty sure your idea never gonna make it xD

Yet lack in rules is obvious because of so many situation which happens day by day in different or something difficult manners.

We need new items, pets, and more spawn spots and quests,
Also a brand NEW system in Skills and classes
Like emblems, runes and tree skills which i believe this subject has been shared before too
Also a new system for players (if its possible) for changing class and nicknames (i saw the nickname change card on test server)
These are things what bring this game higher Not announcing new similar games :)
We dont want to get forgotten.
Long Live Arch Nemesis
-AKUMA- archer
kingkorush -> sword
Akkilles

Post by Akkilles »

As the topic says:
Make the game popular?

Exept for changing the game's contents, how would you make it more popular?
How can we find new players ?
We have players publishing fantastic YouTube videos already but they need followers to be able to reach out to bigger public and more players.

Another question is.
What is the trend right now ? Is the medieval game, only for the grownups? OR medieval nerds?
Other games out there is constantly dragging way more younger gamers. Can we learn from them ? And IF so, what can we do the same to make the game popular?

As far as i know by working close with the FT's developers , we got potential to make this game better than most games out there. It's not the fantasy that is lacking, it is to reach out to new players, which is the difficult thing to do.

Any ideas, how to reach out to new players ?

Game Admin
Akkilles ☆Active☆
(I'll answer when i have time)

--> I hope everyone the best in life.

With great
power

Comes great
Responsibility

Useful link:
GAME RULES
Forum Rules
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

Zombie hordes? Every night? Daily quest kill Zombie hordes? Midnight Zombie hordes Auuuugh! lol
The Black plague? I mean that was in medieval times
Jousting Tournaments?
I know players like a lot of spells.
More artsy fartsy-stuff? lol

Make a great flood destroy everything and start over on a Pacific island?
Elemental spell craft the mages must quest for and craft themselves, sort of like + 4 tools. I understand big new shiny stuff is pricey..

Place banners all over the internet.

Play Forgotten Tales!
Change title to a more positive wording.
Forgotten having negative conotations in the minds of potential players, apparently. DESTINY ISLAND. not so bad.

Lost World, interresting.

Deserted Island would probably be a bad choice.

Add hand grenades.
I'm thinking...um
FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD!
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

The only way is to advertise your game.
Banners. Gaming websites.
GOG.com
Steam.com
mmorpg.com
advertise your game.
That's how you draw a crowd.
Invest in your game.
Take the game off google.
Advertise with banners n stuff.
Apk. Downloads.
PC. IOS.
That's as good as I have. And remember,
FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD!
FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD!
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

It may seem obvious but younger players still appreciate young things. For instance Akkilles in one entry put a picture of very cute and fuzzy pets indicated we need to take care of them and not put in harm's way.

Pets other than game monsters to me would be a big attraction for younger players. To be able to customize them (by in game method after the initial purchase) name, colorize, alter features, etc. I think pets ought to be occasionally interactive, even if a purr or growl in text. Or even depending on situation like at a dungeon entrance ",me no want to go! " "friend you sure? I smell danger!"etc. A pet could be a way to guide players to learn the game. Ask pet what should I do? A living tutorial.

I think there ought to be activity in the taverns and inns to visit. Mini games of chance would be nice according to your class. Knive throw, arrow target practice, etc with a gold reward if chance allows it. Perhaps a cumulative point system that allows any weapon to get a plus of some kind. There could be other games of chance involved, cards, dice, shut the box, 4 x4 tic tac toe. Certain foods or beverages that give a temporary boost, or occasionally "bad meat" you are sick. "The ale has been watered and has no effect" and so forth.

Of course it's been mentioned many times before more customizing of your look would be a nice addition. I mean a certain amount where you can do it for free. Have several tiers. Free tier by in game accomplishment, buy one time ability for nicer armor weapons or features, and deluxe as a house owner to further adjust bought items by crafting.

An NPC on each map that is an oracle of sorts that gives players an idea what can be done on that map. For instance the Ashdownian pirate turned entrepreneur who for a small fee will divulge such things as the orc dungeon, where a rebel is hiding, or the tale of the weary gravedigger and daily pirate invasion!

Okay...who else has ideas? I think this game in general needs more interaction. All the npc have a message that is the same for all. A game upgrade that allows you to respond and be answered would be a plus. Or options given, choose 1,2, or 3 with a different response back. We have this kind of in the mage in underground village take the treasure out of his house and you follow a different line than if you leave it. Or giving the book in proditors tower to the boy or devil affects how the quest plays out. Alternative quests lines would make it more exciting playing long term as well.

The response might be the game mechanics don't allow for some of these suggestions...if that is the case then we have both a medieval game and medieval game mechanics and it will only attract a certain group rather than have the elements that might have a broader appeal. The more ways you can creatively interact the better.
Retired
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

A more colorful game icon on google play.
Completely redone art for game icon.
Colorful, interesting.
The one you got now is kind of blah, old fashioned, uninteresting.
EYE CATCHING.
And remember........
FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD!
merisajan

Post by merisajan »

My idea is advertising Without advertising, younger people will not be attracted to the game It may be useful to make advertising videos and broadcast them on virtual networks For example, make a video on the Instagram page for followers to broadcast and send to friends Maybe it will help
🎮
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇
Ice meri
9icemeri
Apple meri
Polic car 1
DAGODY1
merisajan
And more i can't remember
merisajan

Post by merisajan »

Elgur wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:31 am Zombie hordes? Every night? Daily quest kill Zombie hordes? Midnight Zombie hordes Auuuugh! lol
The Black plague? I mean that was in medieval times
Jousting Tournaments?
I know players like a lot of spells.
More artsy fartsy-stuff? lol

Make a great flood destroy everything and start over on a Pacific island?
Elemental spell craft the mages must quest for and craft themselves, sort of like + 4 tools. I understand big new shiny stuff is pricey..

Place banners all over the internet.

Play Forgotten Tales!
Change title to a more positive wording.
Forgotten having negative conotations in the minds of potential players, apparently. DESTINY ISLAND. not so bad.

Lost World, interresting.

Deserted Island would probably be a bad choice.

Add hand grenades.
I'm thinking...um
Exactly my idea👌
Make advertisements about the game itself and the various things that can be done in the game, and the players can spread it among friends and acquaintances
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇
Ice meri
9icemeri
Apple meri
Polic car 1
DAGODY1
merisajan
And more i can't remember
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

Make a video montage of players in game. Pvp Clan activities, grinding leveling, crafting, chopping wood, carrying water...wait...not that, fishing activities.
Then send it out there.
FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD!
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

-AKUMA- wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:26 am
Elgur wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:54 pm Get rid of all rules.
I know whats your point, but baning access permanently is part of ALL GAMES and its the 100% most needed act of punishment to enforce players to obey rules.
Im pretty sure your idea never gonna make it xD

Yet lack in rules is obvious because of so many situation which happens day by day in different or something difficult manners.

We need new items, pets, and more spawn spots and quests,
Also a brand NEW system in Skills and classes
Like emblems, runes and tree skills which i believe this subject has been shared before too
Also a new system for players (if its possible) for changing class and nicknames (i saw the nickname change card on test server)
These are things what bring this game higher Not announcing new similar games :)
We dont want to get forgotten.
I was just shooting ideas around, of course rules are needed and GM's too. :)
FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD!