The protest and everything related

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Barkley

The protest and everything related

Post by Barkley »

The other topics around this do not cover everything, this one is meant for everything that's happened recently.

So...
After all these recent things, which I'm certain we've heard enough about... We need to discuss the consequences.
I want to remind everyone, that regardless of whether fenix was or wasn't jailed fairly, the jail during the protest was fair, as the protestors were violating rule 9b by harassing Galb.

I very very much thank Akkilles for trying to fix stuff. However, can we all look at what's actually happened?
The team has shown that a side can through such means force its hand out of just punishment.
I think we can all agree that the game DOES need major reform, but that was not achieved with this.

Having been present in the chat where things were discussed, I can say that Akkilles has heard and followed most of fenix's demands and hasn't listened as much to others. Fenix trailed off on his own demanding things that in my research even his allies would disagree with, though they do not say so publically.

The thing everyone desired was fairness, for all. That is not what happened.
The release of justly jailed accounts by popular demand, removing the influence of rules, etc., has undoubtedly pulled the game in the wrong direction.
What this has shown, is that players like fenix can force their will on the game without regard of the rules.
I have been fighting for years for fairness and it does not happen to me, and yet some can run in forcing the team's hand like this. What kind of a message does that send? You can only get fairness by being bad.

By not resolving the problems and instead adhering to most demands, it is my fear that these sorts of things may happen again.

Ariminum
First FT Lumberjack World Champion

Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, The team page

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
-AKUMA-

Re: The protest and everything related

Post by -AKUMA- »

In regard of what you mentioned.
You have a first know about the roots and backgrounds.
The protests didnt rise in a night suddenly solely just because fenix jailed.
Over the time, if you really have had followed the related discussions and topics. They tried so many times to claim their rights in calm manners by only posting Topics or sending PMs to GMs. Yet here we are, the rage happend. Most of them are not native English speakers to use better nice words sometime. You could even see that when they were praising admins who released them.

The whole people who are showing disagreement, where those who been laughing at them when they got muted or told them to shut the process unless they get jail/mute in-game and forum.
Now they finally got what they deserved.

I said that before too. The sits got replaced. Yet, none of them insulted those who been laughing before. Now look who is insulting and who are calm again.

You all making over react. If someone got out of jail who didnt deserve it, GMs will bring him back. This case already happend once this far. | viewtopic.php?p=149013#p149013

From my Point of View, You are mad because your Pride hurts.
If you have Strong evidences i gladly advice you to use them, However you already use them and found the other side had much better evidences.

Its now becoming a loop of headache. Most of the pet killers who was angry when they been accused being a pet killer, now are saying they will kill pets finally with honestly.

The whole case is already investigated FAIRLY as real word.
The people i saw doubt Justice only when its doesnt benefits them. Yet, the side you guys are mad about being accepted the punishments when there was enough acceptable reason.

If the GM is a symbol of Curt and Justice in FT. Then all the cases details must be heard from both sides. We are now having this idea thanks to akkiles as he edited the Player Report Topic. | viewtopic.php?t=18931

I dont believe this subject has needed a different Topic.
Theres already active discussions. Still, is good to speak our way without disrespectful words insulting etc. i hope we can understand this since i told it like 3 times already and still, we have the insulting coming.

As you see now they are gonna kill pets all over the maps beacuse they act like they dont know what is clan map at what is not. Such a mature reaction it is indeed.
Long Live Arch Nemesis
-AKUMA- archer
kingkorush -> sword
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

-AKUMA- wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:46 pm
Over the time, if you really have had followed the related discussions and topics. They tried so many times to claim their rights in calm manners by only posting Topics or sending PMs to GMs. Yet here we are, the rage happend. Most of them are not native English speakers to use better nice words sometime. You could even see that when they were praising admins who released them.
I had and still have this situation, and nothings happened still. I know.

Ariminum

Barkley

Post by Barkley »

I have noticed that a lot of messages, especially from the other side, are being deleted way too often.
That should end.

Ariminum

Barkley

Post by Barkley »

I do find it surprising that akkilles promised the chat of those protestors that the team would no longer lock so many topics on the forum and let people speak freely, but now yfras' topic was just locked and so was at least one other topic.

Ariminum

Akkilles

Post by Akkilles »

"The protest and everything related".

I see nothing positive about this headline after the chaos that has occurred in the game. I will give you the chance to express yourself but if it is revolt you are after then it is not allowed. In fact, any player who is not happy with combatant and the GM team is doing for this game and the rules, should perhaps find other games. No one is forcing any person to play FT.
Enough with these forced suggestions and I will lock all these threads if they contain claims that have no evidence. Aim to destroy others. Intended to cause trouble and cause concern. Irrational comments and borderline behavior that have the purpose of turning a calm discussion into suddenly ridiculing each other and being mean, these behaviors indirectly violate all of our rules.
Game Admin
Akkilles ☆Active☆
(I'll answer when i have time)

--> I hope everyone the best in life.

With great
power

Comes great
Responsibility

Useful link:
GAME RULES
Forum Rules
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Akkilles wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:05 pm I see nothing positive about this headline after the chaos that has occurred in the game.
Me neither. I very much do not like how they managed to force their way out of justice by sheer numbers and how they did so by harassing Galb who had no fault in the matter.

I called it "the protest" as that's what they called it themselves. Not because I support it, in case you got that impression.

Ariminum

Akkilles

Post by Akkilles »

I just want to give you my answer because you have called my attention. I give players all the attention I can and even when I don't have time. But it must not be abused in this way you do.

I have given my description of what applies here in the forum and in the Discord group. viewtopic.php?p=149138#p149138

I hope the players respect that we all have to strive for a peaceful environment. That's all I'm ask.

Game Admin
Akkilles ☆Active☆

With great
power

Comes great
Responsibility

Useful link:
GAME RULES
Forum Rules
Yfars

Post by Yfars »

Akkilles wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:05 pm "The protest and everything related".

I see nothing positive about this headline after the chaos that has occurred in the game. I will give you the chance to express yourself but if it is revolt you are after then it is not allowed. In fact, any player who is not happy with combatant and the GM team is doing for this game and the rules, should perhaps find other games. No one is forcing any person to play FT.
Enough with these forced suggestions and I will lock all these threads if they contain claims that have no evidence. Aim to destroy others. Intended to cause trouble and cause concern. Irrational comments and borderline behavior that have the purpose of turning a calm discussion into suddenly ridiculing each other and being mean, these behaviors indirectly violate all of our rules.
GMs should not kick players if those players are not happy with something. Any game a priori cannot be ideal, because they are made and controlled by people who tend to make mistakes, experience emotions, etc. And I am also not ideal and also sometimes asked players to leave the game, but I did this only after several years of personal and public communication with these players and a lot of heated debates on unofficial platforms, where I explained my actions in detail hundreds of times and clearly offered to sort everything out peacefully and solve the problem, but they didn’t listen to me and I was forced to ask the player to leave and stopped dialogues with him

In this case, the situation is completely different. A significant number of players are dissatisfied and there is a lot of misunderstanding and strange behavior from everyone. I don’t want to go into the details of this and discuss something again, I just suggest trying to solve the very essence of the problem and rebuild the relationship

You know very well from what point I proposed making certain changes and I think that you have already seen my post proposing new rules for the game. I would like to cordially ask you to personally take the initiative and finally make decent rules of the game, which will list specific examples of violations, clarify the terms of temporarily permitted actions, and will provide at least the main types of punishment and their terms (if desired, all GMs can change them a little depending on the situation ). And a very important note, do away with mandatory moralizing conversations with players in most punishments, especially for violations of rule 10. This will not help the players and will only unreasonably increase the prison term

This is a necessary foundation that will satisfy absolutely everyone and will be considered the basis of a new healthy relationship between players and GMs

Just trust me for once...
GM (Administrator) in Omega Vanitas
Akkilles

Post by Akkilles »

I understand this Yfars and this is exactly what I'm trying to explain many times (which can be read all over the forum).
Relationships are important in many contexts and some must be done professionally. We all have to work on relationships. We are aware that misunderstandings will occur, and we must have that in mind in all our decisions.

We are aware that changes must happen and we have been since last year (we are working on this). A GM has and can change things, not only for the players but also for the owner. And that is perhaps obvious because we work most closely with the players, so then it is especially important that we must lead by example. We must find a way to work together without fighting. Although we must not forget that many disagreements begin with misunderstandings until the rules are no longer respected.This needs to change, not only for us but also for regular players (and we are working on this).

I know I'm reminding again but there are also few players here on the forum and in the Discord group, who know themselves that they have committed a serious violation a long time ago (that detail will be left unsaid), and are NOW trying to force changes and it is not acceptable. All proposals must be made in a civilized manner and all rules must be respected.

As for executing a "punishment" and your question, this will change and it has to because combatant has decided over all of us, but we have been given tools to be used immediately (we are working on this).

I hope I have answered your suggestions or concerns but if you still want to delve into certain questions, you can reach me on my messenger. I think some suggestions written in the forum can make certain situations worse and we have to prevent that. Have a good one
Game Admin
Akkilles ☆Active☆

With great
power

Comes great
Responsibility

Useful link:
GAME RULES
Forum Rules