Hostile shopkeepers

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Hostile shopkeepers

Post by Leone »

Presently, there is only one measure in place to deter players from becoming outlaws; they become fair game to other players of all levels. Does this go far enough? Maybe...maybe not - a point for debate.

Over time, there have been a number of ideas proposed that attempt to make the outlaw status a more unpleasant experience and so this idea - on its own - is not particularly ground breaking. However, if added to other ideas then it may well be. It also adds to the role playing element of the game.

When an outlaw player purchases items from shops, the shopkeeper adds a percentage penalty (25%?)on top of the normal price to express his or her displeasure at dealing with such an unsavoury character. This percentage increases in accordance with the player's level. Of course, when a player reaches a certain level (100?) the shopkeeper has lost all patience, as the player is now experienced enough to know that their behaviour has consequences. At this level and above, all shopkeepers refuse to sell anything to the players concerned for the duration of the outlaw status.
kollex

Re: Hostile shopkeepers

Post by kollex »

The ide is nice on itself, but ... nothing stops outlaw owners from having law abiding alts...
dragkardragcar

Post by dragkardragcar »

Kollex is right.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Oh I agree entirely. It's absolutely not a deterrent in itself but it would be an annoyance as people would have to get alts or friends to buy for them. My thought is that it should be a small part of a greater punishment to outlaws. I think exploring this would add to the game's depth.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I actually really like some of this... keep it simple though imo... 10% penalty for purchase and Sale or similar ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
kollex

Post by kollex »

% = level.
4125 lvl = price * 42.25 )))
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

I can see that last post is specific to me. Outlaw stats has ended for me but only came about because of people spamming alts. None the less the idea is good
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

that reminds me, I would (of course) only recommend anything even similar to this after the outlaw system is fixed (which I believe is coming very soon :) )
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
kollex

Post by kollex »

Asmodeous wrote:I can see that last post is specific to me.
Asmodeus = Isoril ?
Asmodeous wrote:Outlaw stats has ended for me but only came about because of people spamming alts.
I think I knew that. It wasn't personal, really - just the most extreme example I could think of :D
Leone

Post by Leone »

blitzcraig wrote:I actually really like some of this... keep it simple though imo... 10% penalty for purchase and Sale or similar ;)
Yep - the idea is certainly open for further debate...whether it be 10% increase, Kollex's idea or something we haven't thought of yet.