Unfairly Jailed

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

DEMONS

Unfairly Jailed

Post by DEMONS »

Hi,
ive been unfairly jailed for the past week, even after explaining the situation i was accused of and clearing up the mix up, ive lost gameing hours in this time, my clan stronghold could have been destroyed because i wasnt able to make repairs, what im trying to say its been the worst week ive ever had in the whole time ive played Forgotten Tales, was told my char would be released back into the wild today :D yet im still jailed :cry: awaiting on the mods to respond as usual so depressing... i hope ill be able to get back ingame and enjoy it soon like before i was wrongfully jailed!

Thank You for letting me vent,
-FOCUS-
DEMONS
-FOCUS-
HAMMERBITE
DIGMEUP
GRUNDLE
CARNAGE
DEMONSCENT
RyoHazuki

Re: Unfairly Jailed

Post by RyoHazuki »

Are you out yet?
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

i think, you are released now, cause week is over.

but no, it was NOT unfair. you match the IP with an account stealing attempt. even, if it is not you, the IP is the parameter, we work with.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
DEMONS

Post by DEMONS »

Clarification: what is "hacking" ?

Postby MadMikael » 31 Jul 2014 14:20
MANY players lately are contacting the staff, saying their accounts have been hacked. In all cases, there was no hacking at all. Apparently, most don't know what "hacking" is. For them:

Besides the common definiton of "hack" (cut something using repeated blows etc.) there is the computer science related definition:

The first definition refers to the hobby/profession of working with technology in a creative way, often computers are involved. The second definition refers to breaking into computer systems, what is correctly called "cracking", but the popular media uses the word "hacking" instead.

Cracking - Computer Definition
Gaining unauthorized access to computer systems to commit a crime, such as digging into the code to make a copy-protected program run and flooding Internet sites, thus denying service to legitimate users. During a cracking exploit, important information can be erased or corrupted. Websites can be deliberately defaced. Unauthorized access is typically done by decrypting a password or bypassing a copy-protection scheme. Around 1985, the term “cracker” was coined by hackers as an attempt to defend themselves against journalistic misuse of the word “hacker.” An attempt around 1981 to establish “worm” in this sense on Usenet was largely a failure.

Cracker - Computer Definition
A cracker is someone who breaks into someone else's computer system, often on a network; bypasses passwords or licenses in computer programs; or in other ways intentionally breaches computer security.

Conclusion
If someone is trying to guess at your password, this is known as CRACKING, not hacking. Hacking is if they are trying to get into the server, or your phone, to access your account. This has not happened. However, the admins still take the time to look into these issues of false hacking claims.

So you are aware... if you lose your account, before you contact an admin:
IF YOU SHARED YOUR PASSWORD, and lost your account because of it, IT IS YOUR FAULT!
IF YOU SHARED YOUR DEVICE, and lost your account because of it, IT IS YOUR FAULT!
IF YOU USED AN EASY PASSWORD, and someone guessed it, IT IS YOUR FAULT!

Using passwords like your character name, your real name, your pet's name etc. or "12345" are NOT SAFE!

For reference:
Game rules - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2560 (READ ACCOUNT RULE #1, #2, AND #6)
Advice on password creation - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1851
Funny video about unsafe passwords- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6iW-8xPw3k
DEMONS
-FOCUS-
HAMMERBITE
DIGMEUP
GRUNDLE
CARNAGE
DEMONSCENT
DEMONS

Post by DEMONS »

this is what i was accused of and i did no such thing yet you argue that i wasnt unfairly jailed? i beg the differ
DEMONS
-FOCUS-
HAMMERBITE
DIGMEUP
GRUNDLE
CARNAGE
DEMONSCENT
DEMONS

Post by DEMONS »

So you are aware... if you lose your account, before you contact an admin:
IF YOU SHARED YOUR PASSWORD, and lost your account because of it, IT IS YOUR FAULT!
IF YOU SHARED YOUR DEVICE, and lost your account because of it, IT IS YOUR FAULT!
IF YOU USED AN EASY PASSWORD, and someone guessed it, IT IS YOUR FAULT!

the key lines in that subject...
DEMONS
-FOCUS-
HAMMERBITE
DIGMEUP
GRUNDLE
CARNAGE
DEMONSCENT
DEMONS

Post by DEMONS »

alittle compensation would be nice is all im saying for being unfairly jailed....
DEMONS
-FOCUS-
HAMMERBITE
DIGMEUP
GRUNDLE
CARNAGE
DEMONSCENT
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

just to be clear, trying to steal an account by any means is against the rules (and possibly against the law depending on the method used and where you live)... whether or not a player gets help from the staff in recovering a stolen account is a different matter entirely.
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Piffl / El Majo

Post by Piffl / El Majo »

DEMONS wrote:alittle compensation would be nice is all im saying for being unfairly jailed....

Unfairly at all. You took control of the account of another player without his knowledge (the player complained about it). Because he dont responsed our PM's , you finally received a way of "benefit of the doubt" and we accept that the other player shared his pw with the intention of leave the game, but I suggest you dont abuse of your good luck.
Currently inactive
Game Admin (GM)

Useful Links: General game help | Quest list | Forum Rules | Game Rules

Languages Spoken: Català, Español, English
James142

Post by James142 »

Was the post u made directed at me in any way majo?
The OG Rasta

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”