Unfairly Jailed

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

DEMONS

Re: Unfairly Jailed

Post by DEMONS »

Insiders/Inferno! wrote:Has just been complaining about it with toad. Some thousands people may have same IP. And what if some of them have same IP?

I have same IP with at least 2 players, and i know them very well, we play together!

As its forbidden to use proxy to change IP, idk if this rule perspective... It may cause many accidental bans...
yes thats one of my points aswell insider
DEMONS
-FOCUS-
HAMMERBITE
DIGMEUP
GRUNDLE
CARNAGE
DEMONSCENT
Gandalf
Site Admin

Re: Unfairly Jailed

Post by Gandalf »

i banned DEMONS for 1 week from forum, because we adviced him to stop these accusations many times. nothing to discuss here anymore.

due to this fact, i locked this thread, too.

now, last statement here to toad and insiders. i already PMed toad about it and i dont want to waste more time on these things. we know, what we do and sometimes, that has to be enough infos for you, insiders.
Insiders/Inferno! wrote:Has just been complaining about it with toad. Some thousands people may have same IP. And what if some of them have same IP?

I have same IP with at least 2 players, and i know them very well, we play together!

As its forbidden to use proxy to change IP, idk if this rule perspective... It may cause many accidental bans...
same IP can happen. we had at least 1 case of same IP, where the 2 persons seemed to be different.

yes, many can have the same IPv4. but the chance is very low to share the exact IP for a longer time and with multiple logins. also, it is very unlikely, that these guys play the same game at the same point of time. in almost every cases, it will be a) same wifi or b) same city and they know each other.

because we cannot judge, who is who behind a device, we judge with this IP. it is not 100% correct, but something like 99.999% and that is enough for us. and also, has to be enough, because there is NO better way to judge in networks. yes, it may cause wrong treatments, but in these very rare cases, we sort it out. if staff is sure, that there is IP match (and they decide here), consequences on IP are carried out.

@insiders: and here, it was the same char, btw, not only the same IP! only, we had 2 different issues on 2 different chars BUT with same IP. that is why i said, that there is a link.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German