Crafting upgrade

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

RyoHazuki

Crafting upgrade

Post by RyoHazuki »

I just spent about 16 mins writing this article then lost it all so here goes....I'm going to try again. (how apt lol)
I think crafting sucks.
i made 8 attempts as a mage to craft a crystal bow......no bow. I gave the last two materials to an archer and he did it second time.......so...
I tried as an archer...ten attempts.(I say it so lightly...as if I could accidentally make ten attempts)...no bow....hmm.
my friends were trying to craft an iron plate....between three.of.them. 12 or so.attempts.....no iron plate.......
me....first time it worked (I'm not.complaining. but it doesn't seem very fair on the ones that spent their time trying with no luck)
its something that I and many people think needs to change.
CRAFTING IS A VERY GOOD IDEA and its nice to take time from grinding now and again to do something useful....but if its not going to work then what's the point in wasting half.a day juggling items and selling stuff to make room for ore.or.diamonds.
PEOPLE HAVE SUGGESTED ALL KINDS OF THINGS IN THE PAST.
such as.
(mining/crafting experience)
(counting how many times previously a character has attempted.to make something and then awarding a successful craft based on percentage x/÷ by attempts)
(make a compartment in backpack.for.ore/diamonds etc so that people.can carry more and so they're not vulnerable.to attack due to having no health potions)
(make the shop or the builiding next to it the craft point instead of the blacksmith...this would make.more.sense anyway as I've never understood how he fits a furnace in that tree stump)
(Make more.craftable.items)
(upgrade the way we see what we need to.craft something....for example.....we can click on the item to be crafted and.it.will tell us what it is....however...we click on the items needed and nothing happens,if someone's colourblind theyl never see the difference.between an iron ingot and a steel ingot. (I can't and I'm not.colour blind))
I think that's all I can think of but il let you know if I think of any more...
please add.your views to this as I'm sure there are a plenty.
also.remember that not everyone has forum.accounts so not everyone's views will.be put.here.
Secular

Re: Crafting upgrade

Post by Secular »

(counting how many times previously a character has attempted.to make something and then awarding a successful craft based on percentage x/÷ by attempts)
Hands down, best solution right there.
The more you fail, the higher your chance of success next time will be.
Maybe +.5%-1% per failure.

Stackable crafting items is a must, I say, a max of 25 stacked ores/ingots/planks/etc.
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

Secular wrote:
Hands down, best solution right there.
The more you fail, the higher your chance of success next time will be.
Maybe +.5%-1% per failure.

Stackable crafting items is a must, I say, a max of 25 stacked ores/ingots/planks/etc.
or at least if you fail you should be able to get something out of it for your troubles instead of having to go away empty-handed with nothing to show for your effort :(
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
dragkardragcar

Post by dragkardragcar »

Again maybe to reduce the sting of failure let some of the matirials mined be cept...
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

hahaha.lmao..... whoops.....just destroyed yet another 5 diamonds somehow
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

maybe if we could buy and sell crafting materials.in the blacksmith shop.....only open to people who have done the blacksmith quest so as not to destroy a quest.......just one more suggestion.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

or....one try per day. asking the more experienced blacksmith to craft an item for you for a price. with a 50percent higher probability of success.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

ATM....crafting is about as successful as Wile E Coyotes attempts to eat road runner...meep meep
as pinky and the brains attempts to take over the world.
Jonny Bravos attempts to get laid
Ed Edd and Eddy's attempts to get gobstoppers
ahh.....you get the picture
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

or.perhaps a minigame
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

DavidIcke wrote:ATM....crafting is about as successful as Wile E Coyotes attempts to eat road runner...meep meep
as pinky and the brains attempts to take over the world.
Jonny Bravos attempts to get laid
Ed Edd and Eddy's attempts to get gobstoppers
ahh.....you get the picture
LOL this is a good way to deal with the frustration... probably the only good way!

I gave up on trying to craft that iron plate. It takes waaaaaaay too long to mine and only for a probable failure. Odds are its quicker for me to wait for an update or find one for sale than to do it myself :P
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711