a hidden city for outlaws

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

just joe

Re: a hidden city for outlaws

Post by just joe »

I have to add my 2 cents here.. If outlaw were to become a ' play style' with it's own benefits instead of being a punishment, FT would lose a LOT off players who don't like PVP. I know many who would no longer play. I almost quit playing more than once because I don't like being attacked by random people for no reason other than being a jerk.
It happens all the time. People come up while you are killing archers or blood mummies or whatever. They attack for a few rounds, then you get the message ' You are attacked by So and so'. In the time it takes to type 'Stop' into chat you are half dead. If you still have time to remove gear so it doesn't drop, you are very lucky.
In regards to the attack-vs- kill to become outlaw, I am in complete agreement. Store limits/higher prices, totally agree. I personally would love something to be implemented that would vary the drop rates for those who are attacking and those who are being attacked. 15% chance if you are defending yourself vs 50% chance to drop if you initiate the fight. I know that will never happen, but a guy has to dream, right?
I understand PVP is part of the game, but it shouldn't be the main focus of gameplay. Many people truly despise that part of the game.
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

Well said Joe. Some of that would become apart of the playstyle. No risk no reward in a sense. Increased drop rate for outlaws would be good. If it was turned into a playstyle that is. To turn it into a playstyle and not a subpar punishment the system would need an overhaul. So to change it a lot from what it is now.

@blitz
The last 15 is pretty drastic. But at least its helped solve one problem. Attack logging. Sure its caused other issues, but what updates dont cause issues? Its jist finding what they are and slowly trying to change those... more issues arise, more fixes happen. Its a cycle i guess.

Im not debating that friends and clanmates should be able to attack that same guy back. That shouldve been a gimme. Afterall realistically you and your mates and your clan would go hunt down that guy and kill him in return.

However, Why does the rest of FT then get the benifit of being allowed to be involved, for one single attack, on someone they might not have any association with at all, or not even know? From a roleplay point of view, would you bash someone up whos performed a single attack, on some random guy you dont knoe at all. Have never met, and only know now as an outlaw because hes been flagged as such after a single pvp encounter? I mean this in the sense that it was a single pvp encounter. Not that this guys already killed 10 ppl and become an outlaw like the current system.

I know i wouldnt. Its one pvp encounter that wasnt any of my buisness anyway. Under the current system I might, since its clear their just hammering people since it takes like 10 kills to hit outlaw or whatever.

On your second post.
Its happening again. Lumping in abusers with outlaws. This is whats led to the whole idea that all outlaws are bad/evil/whatever. Not all of them are abusers. Theres only been a few that Ive seen since ive played that have been legit abusers. The rest were just pvp-happy.

This is another reason why the outlaw system is messed up anyway. Its used as a punishment. Applied to people after a certain amount of unclanned pvp kills. Now you'd want to make someone an outlaw for several days after one pvp encounter?

I think it would help discourage pvp simply because that same guy will get smashed for several days. Over and over. It means any dispute had. Whether someones being an ass. Or someones mouthing off. Or whatever, cant really get solved if both are after each others blood.

Because theyl definately get tagged and slammed for a few days. Because of a pvp encounter and get lumped into the same category as abusers etc. Since their punished with outlaw status too.

Your right, people will always play this role regardless. But it needs an overhaul, and also a means to not make one encounter between one or a few people, the rest of FT's buisness.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I guess we will have to agree to disagree here - - I get what you're saying, but I do think it's everybody's business. that's a fundamental difference of opinion here I suppose - - it seems you think that if player A attacks player B, player C should only be able to get involved if he is a friend of A or B (and I can respect that while I disagree with it) and just to be thorough, we both realize that with the current system, neither of us gets what we think is right lol
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

Well said. We have differing opinions, but im sure with effort a new outlaw system could be drafted that works as a good compromise between the majority of ideas and hopefully one day implimented
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

totally agree man
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Rammsis

Post by Rammsis »

just joe wrote:.... If you still have time to remove gear so it doesn't drop, you are very lucky....
Well how about adding "white flag" think? One button to push and instead of item you drop 0.01% of your money?(rules may be different but idea is good)
Only strong motivation rules the world!
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I completely agree with JustJoe. Also, in my experience, players who are outlaws "ARE" usually bad people. When I see a player with their name in black coming to the party, I just know something bad is going to happen.
BOO!:ghost: